Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Itoo Forest apck 6.1

Discussion in 'Help' started by Archim, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Archim

Archim Member

Hey All, i recently downloaded the itoo forest pack pro for 3ds max 2018. Works great but i wonder how i can add multiple library objects to one mesh. For example, when i add a new item and then go into the library and choose the "bermuda grass plant" preset from Vizpark, it gets scattered on the mesh. Now if i click "add new item" and again go to the library, choose for example a grass preset, it overwrites the first preset completely.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for any help

2. roocoon

roocoon Well-Known Member

Draw some splines on the mesh and use them as scatter areas. Or something similar.

Archim likes this.
  3. DmitriiP

DmitriiP Member

4. Archim

Archim Member

Thanks roocoon it works

5. Andy47

Andy47 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Use multiple FP objects, with the same surface or spline. That way if you want a few tree, some plants and some grass, you create three FP objects all using the same surface or spline, but you can control density, transforms etc, for each individually. Yuo can have dozens of FP objects al using the same surface or closed spline area. Note, if using spline areas and you have say three of them, they must al be planar in the Z direction and al at the same height.. ONLY mesh surfaces allow you to have slopes

When you want to scatter several objects, but have different settings for each, say a few trees but lots of grass.. Create the surface on which you wish to scatter stuff, create the first FP object and choose the mesh , choose the objects from your library, say a couple of trees and they will be scattered on it.. Now create a second FP object, select the same mesh, choose some grass from the library and that too will be scattered on the surface.. You can now adjust the setting for the trees and grass, separately.

Archim likes this.
  6. Archim

Archim Member

Thank you a lot. I think my main problem was that i used Presets and not just single objects. It seems that a preset overwrites a previous added object or preset but using single objects and creating own settings works as intended. I did a workaround to use multiple presets by just adding multiple FP instances. I slowly work may way trough this awesome plugin.